Saturday, February 4, 2012

Let Me Introduce Myself

Welcome to my new blog, My Programming Adventure.  I am .NET developer by day who has recently been drawn back into the open source world.  In my time away from the Linux/Unix world there has been a HUGE explosion in solid tooling and languages available for free.  Literally, anything you need you can find for free and more than likely the free ‘stuff’ will be better than anything you can pay for to do the same job.

One of the languages that I have really become fond of is Clojure.  While I was learning Clojure I found out about ClojureCLR, a version of Clojure that runs on the .NET stack .  Since I work in a .NET environment I wanted to use it in our production environment at work. While I was learning the ins and outs of ClojureCLR I found out that there was very little out there in the way of ‘How-To’ examples so I started a blog called My Clojure Adventure.  There I give small examples on how to connect to a database, interact with .NET libraries among other things. 

While I enjoy writing posts for My Clojure Adventure there are times where I have other topics I’d like to blog about that either have very little or nothing to do with Clojure.   That’s where My Programming Adventure comes in.  On this blog I will be writing about technologies, languages, books or whatever other programming related subject catches my eye.  An example of a few topics I’ll be writing about shortly are CoffeeScript, Node, and setting up Emacs for writing C# code.

In the next few days I will have a book review on The Little Book on CoffeeScript.   Now that I’ve introduced myself its time for me to go and work on my book review!  Come back and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Here is another database that is compatible with Mono:
    http://www.kellermansoftware.com/p-43-ninja-net-database-pro.aspx

    ReplyDelete